Saab’s most extensive model development program continues with the unveiling of its new 9-5 range and the launch of enhanced top-of-the-line Aero variants for its 9-3 Sport Sedan, SportCombi and Convertible models.
World Premiere for new Saab 9-5
Saab’s premium sedan and wagon range receives new-look styling inside and out, together with powertrain and chassis upgrades, to further enhance its appeal for discerning buyers. Main features include:
• Dramatic new ‘face’ derived from Saab 9X concept car, sharper rear end styling, redesigned dashboard and instrument displays
• Introduction of new 150 bhp 1.9TiD engine, 180 bhp BioPower 2.0 turbo and 260 bhp 2.3 turbo for Aero flagship
• Sportier chassis dynamics through re-tuned suspension and steering to give improved responses and greater body control without sacrificing high levels of ride comfort
New Aero variants for Saab 9-3 range
The introduction of a new 250 bhp, 2.8V6 Turbo engine, exclusive to Aero variants across the range, combines six cylinder refinement with improved performance. Main features include:
• First six cylinder engine purpose-built for Saab’s turbocharged application. Twin sports exhaust for distinctive aural character. Choice of six-speed manual or automatic transmissions
• New Saab 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan becomes fastest-accelerating Saab ever. Zero to 100 kph in just 6.7 seconds and 80-120 kph in fifth gear in 7.9 seconds
• Wider engine choice: 210 bhp, 2.0-liter four cylinder turbo now available in Linear, Arc and Vector forms. 230 bhp version of 2.8V6 turbo also offered in Arc and Vector
These are the highlights, below are the details. There’s the design summary for the new 9-5 range, available by clicking here or just scrolling down. There’s also more photos of the new 9-5, available by clicking here or just scrolling down.