Egss n Grits has been hard at work this weekend, coming up with a couple of top 9 lists pertaining to me trying to get to Sweden in June for Saab Festival.
Very, very good.
Top nine ways for Swade to save money on the trip to Sweden:
9. Buy tickets early for a cheaper fare.
8. Lie about his age to book at the child rate.
7. Stow away on a boat to Namibia, ask Danni to drive the rest of the way.
6. Mail himself to Namibia, ask Danni to drive the rest of the way.
5. Forge the name ‘Erik Carlsson’ on passport, then request tickets from the Saab marketing department while disguising your voice.
4. Hire yourself out as Mr. Batish’s personal valet for the trip.
3. Win the Nobel prize.
2. Waive extradition to Sweden on that long-forgotten ‘crimes against humanity’ charge.
1. Apply for political asylum at the Swedish Embassy in Canberra due to the ‘oppressive, Holden-dominant Australian tyranny’.
If I fail at these though (and I’m almost willing to give a few of them a try – how much is parcel-post to Namibia these days?) then I’m going to have to do things the ‘hard’ way and save some hard-earned.
Eggs has a list for that, too….
Top nine potential fundraisers for Swade’s trip to Sweden
9. Trollhattan Saab t-shirts (click here – SW ;-))
8. The TrollhattanSaab.net tip jar. (resisting that urge – SW)
7. Paid drug studies. (Those needles will hurt, my friend!)
6. Insurance fraud.
5. Selling family heirlooms on eBay.
4. Selling the dog on eBay. (Never! – SW, Woof! – Charli)
3. Selling the Viggen on eBay. (Ouch – SW)
1. Three words: Swade the gigolo. (At the rate I’d attract I’d have had to start in 1934 – SW)