It’s time for another of our modified Saabs as part of the month of Saab mod-love.
This one actually belongs to John from Elkparts and if you like what you see then you can click here and make an offer.
John’s provided a spec list for the car and it’s clear from it that some considerable work has gone into preparing it. The spec list, of course, contains both standard and modified items, but it makes for very interesting reading nonetheless for anyone contemplating some mods of their own.
Saab 9-3 SE Sport (HOT), model year 1999.
200bhp standard, 0-60 6.9sec factory figures – current form is 269.6bhp
* Five doors
* Bridge Spoiler (only standard on Sport and Aero models)
* Saab ‘Airflow’ body kit (standard on this model and first year of Aero models)
* US-specification front indicator/reverse lamp clusters with functioning reverse lamps
* Front foglamps
* Colour-coded mesh grille
* Genuine Saab bonnet protection strip
* Hirsch Performance 17″ x 7.8″ six spoke alloy wheels, with SAAB centre caps, finished in anthracite (by Spit N Polish)
* Dunlop SP9000 Sport tyres all round with plenty of tread on all tyres (slight uneven wear on o/s/f)
* Hirsch Performance Big Brake Kit with cross-drilled discs and alloy bells
* Stainless steel braided brake hoses
* Anti-fashion original orange indicator repeaters
* Eibach Springs for subtle 30mm lowering (TuV approved springs – no cheap tat here)
* Eibach Dampers matched to Eibach springs (TuV approved dampers – no cheap tat here)
* Hirsch Performance cat-back stainless steel exhaust
* JT 3″ downpipe
* Custom cross-flow intercooler – the largest intercooler that you will find on a Saab 9-3 – specially made for my car to my specification
* Maptun Stage 3 ECU software
* Uprated Maptun wastegate actuator
* Uprated rear anti-roll bar
* Five-speed manual transmission
* Front seats are electric with memory button on driver’s seat
* Interior is Sand beige leather with special Sport edition seats unique to this model
* Sculpted seats, front and rear, with central folding armrest in rear.
* Sand beige leather head restraints (two front, two rear) with SAHR (Saab Active Head Restraint) in front seats
* Sand beige leather door cards
* Four airbags
* Genuine Saab carbon fibre dash (rare)
* Genuine Saab carbon fibre / leather gearknob (rarer)
* Genuine Saab leather gearstick gaiter
* Genuine Saab perforated leather ‘Sport’ steering wheel
* Electically operated front seats, driver seat with 3 memory positions
* Electrically heated front seats
* Saab Information Display with multiple functions (SID2) with all pixels functioning on display
* Automatic Climate Control (ACC) with all pixels functioning on display
* Saab cruise control prepared (easy upgrade)
* Auto-dimming rear view mirror
* AS3 audio upgrade (two amps, six speakers including door speakers)
* Saab audio system with radio/tape headunit and six-CD multichanger in the boot
* Saab cupholder (never used) in dash
The Saab 9-3 SE Sport (HOT) was the top of the range two-litre engine specification available in model year 1999. The Saab 9-3 SE Sport (HOT) is a little bit different to your normal Saab 9-3 turbo. This one is a lot different!