Spotted via Flickr and traced from there.
A group called Team Saab Club from the UK is entering an event called the Modball Rally, starting in just over two weeks from now.
The ModBall is an event designed to emulate the idea behind events like the Gumball Rally, but at a fraction of the cost. Participants (and there’s a bunch of ’em) drive through the day and then party through the night.
In all, the ModBallers will cover around 3,000 miles through 8 countries in 7 days. This is where they’re going, though the actual route is being kept secret. Anyone else think Europe looks like a moose in this image?
Team Saab Club comprises three guys from the Saab Owners Club in the UK. They’re led by Toby Field and will be rolling in Toby’s 1998 Saab 9000 Anniversary, which has been suitably modified in the lead up to the event.
The one criteria that cars have to meet in order to enter the Modball Rally is to be modified in at least two areas. It is the ModBall Rally, after all.
I think Toby’s got that covered:
– Hirsch ECU (299 Bhp and 294lbft Torque)
– JR Performance Air Filter
– Forge Motorsport High-flow Intercooler
– Forge Motorsport Wastegate Actuator
– Forge Atmospheric Dump Valve
– Speedparts Strut Brace
– Powder-coated Cam Cover
– Samco Silicone Coolant Hoses
– Samco Silicone Turbo Hoses
– Silicone Vacuum Hoses
– Abbott Racing Anti-roll Bar Upgrade
– Superflex Poly Rear Upper Torque Arm Bush
– Superflex Poly Front Anti-roll Bar Bushes
– Superflex Poly Rear Anti-roll Bar Bushes
– Superflex Poly Rear Wishbone Bushes
– Goodridge Brake Hoses
– Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
– Ferodo DS2500 Front Brake Pads
– Tar-ox G88 Rear Brake Discs
– Tar-ox Fast Road Rear Brake Pads
– Painted Calipers with Saab Decals
– Colour-coded Side Mirrors
– Tinted Windows
– Clear Side Repeaters
– Abbott Racing Tax Disc Holder
– Sony MEX-R1 DVD/MP3 Headunit
– Sony PlayStation 2
– 2 x 5″ TFT Headrest Monitors
– Powerflex Gearbox Mounting Bush
You can check out all the info on the team Saab Club Website.