Greetings from home, which is not where I’m supposed to be. We booked a cottage up in Tasmania’s most beautiful beachside location – Binalong Bay – only to be thwarted by an over-eager smoke detector that went off at will. All night. For no reason.
Sleep deprived and very grumpy, we demanded a refund and headed home.
This shot really, really doesn’t do Binalong any justice whatsoever. The light was fading and so were the colors. The water is actually the most vivid blue you’ve ever seen.
As I’m back earlier than planned, it’s given me a chance to look over the new vehicles shown at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show. The coverage has been widespread and it’s been interesting to watch the various reactions to some of the new vehicles…..
Lincoln MKZ – link
- Auto Extremist – Outstanding.
- TTAC – Kick’s the ATS’s butt.
- Jalopnik – looks like John Wilkes Booth.
- Swadeology – Attractive rear but otherwise, no.
Chevy Code 130 – link
- Auto Extremist – GM’s blatant take on the 130M
- Jalopnik – Someone shoot me
- Swadeology – I agree with both. Confirms why I simply dislike almost everything GM do.
Chevy Sonic RS – link
- Autoblog – The hot hatch [that] enthusiasts have been waiting for (yes they wrote this, seriously, about what is essentially a 140hp Daewoo)
- Swadeology – I don’t think the VW GTI or the RS Megane would be too worried.
Dodge Dart – link
- Jalopnik – A hot rear end.
- Autoextremist – Fiat/Chrysler believe they can do no wrong.
- Swadeology – I’m worried about where this Alfa/Chrysler thing is going but if it keeps Alfa alive then OK, as long as you don’t screw it up, Sergio!
Ford Fusion – link
- Autoextremist – A home run
- Swadeology – Mitsubishi lamps, Aston grille, but yes, it does look like a main street winner
Hyundai Genesis Coupe – link
Swadeology – genuine big horsepower now. I’m not moving over to them, but between this and the Veloster Turbo, the Koreans are compelling me to use the word interesting twice in one week.
Of course, your thoughts on the standouts from Detroit would be more than welcome in comments. Also, your verdict as to who covered the show with the most wit, the most insight, and the most whining about other journalists/bloggers getting treated better than them.
Until then, just one more shot from Binalong Bay…..