Just a quick update on my search for a good Lancia Fulvia.
The red one from northern Australia has been ruled out. I did get some feedback from the seller last night (finally) and it raised more questions than it answered. There IS a good list of spare parts that come with the car so anyone looking at it who’s willing to reconcile the irregularities that I can’t figure out from a distance could well land themselves a good car.
The blue car from Canberra is still available and the seller has received several offers, including a standing offer from me. All offers are around the same mark. I’ve said that mine’s conditional upon establishing that the car is indeed drivable.
As mentioned earlier, the car hasn’t been run for around 10 years. The seller is very, very confident that that isn’t a problem because the engine was perfect before it was stored. I still want to be sure.
And as a practical matter, the car has to be able to drive and stop as a condition of carriage with a freight company.
I don’t hold out a lot of hope for the blue Fulvia. I think some of the interested parties (and there are apparently quite a few) will have less stringent conditions than I have.
I reckon I’ll give it another week and make my own decision then. It may just be that I have to put the whole Fulvia idea aside for some time in the hope that one will become available closer to home one day.
Even I’m capable of some common sense, even if it’s only occasionally.